CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

This morning is going much much better! Anteneh was up at 6:45 when I got up and he gave me a hug. He is listening to his new Amharic cd we got at the orthodox church in St. Louis. The song on the slideshow below is on the cd. Now that I am not just livid towards him, I can acknowledge how sad and homesick seeing all of his friends must have made him. He can go back to Ethiopia, but he will never GO back. And all these kids that banded together as family will NEVER be that close again. Maybe they will see each other a few times a year and get to call once a week. I am really trying to be more understanding of his feelings today which is a lot easier when he is more understanding of mine.

4 comments:

ellerbee eight said...

crunch...crunch...crunch.... do you know what sound this is? It's me walking on eggshells. Josh got up and got himself ready for soccer camp this morning. Things are very quiet around here. After my meltdown involving tears... things may be a little bit better. I could tell Jameson was getting on to him and telling him to be nice. Maybe I'm on my way back up the hill.

~holly said...

I can only imagine his frustrations and yours too, and I probably wouldn't come close to scratching the surface. Hang in there! Tell Grace to make sure he has clear and consistant punishments for unappropriate behavior. Ya'll hang in there!

Anonymous said...

you are all going through so much.....go easy on yourself.
Prayers.

Unknown said...

How about a massage for the ladies!