Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Finally, here are my 6 things!!
1. I was born in New Mexico and miss fresh roasted green chile in the fall more than words can adequately express. Something about the smell of fire roasting green chiles signal the beginning of fall. I cannot tolerate Tex-Mex food and usually drive to New Mexico in the fall to pick up my beloved chiles. This year is a little bit crazier than years past, so I will have to settle for mail order.
2. My daughter Miranda is my best friend ever.
3. Ties into number 1--I love any spicy food, the spicier the better. I love Thai, Mexican, New Mexican, Indian, Vietnemese, and Ethiopian of course!!
4. I hate watching movies. I become unbearably bored and antsy. I have trouble sitting still for 2 hours in the dark without being able to talk or answer my phone!!! DVD's and TiVo make it a little easier, but I still am not a huge fan of movies. I much prefer reading, I can read a good book for hours at a time. Which is weird, I guess but there it is.
5. My kids are huge spoiled brats--I am not a strict disciplinarian and always think "Ahhhh, they are only young once"! It is how I was with Miranda and how I am with Addis and Jackson. I get frustrated all the time with them, and vow to "make some changes" but somehow never quite do it. Addis has turned into "that kid" in stores and restaurants. Oh well, she is only a baby once, right?
6. My 3 favorite places in the world, the places that I can return to over and over are: Santa Fe, New Mexico--I love it, love it, love it there! Rome, Italy--Duh!!!, and Ethiopia--I love everything about Ethiopia, really I do.
There you go 6 random facts. I won't tag anyone, because all my peeps have been tagged I think.
Miranda still needs to do hers!!!!!
Posted by SisterMom at 8:15 AM
Friday, October 17, 2008
Go there. I might be a little biased but I think she is the prettiest princess EVER!! How exciting, and just in time to take my sisters to see it!!
Posted by SisterMom at 9:51 AM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Okay so a doctors office contacted the place where we got Addis' homecoming pictures done for some pictures to use in their advertisement. GUESS WHO GOT PICKED???? Yep, Miss Addis Fitsum!! aww
Posted by SisterMom at 9:48 AM
Monday, October 13, 2008
Posted by SisterMom at 7:24 AM
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Yesterday there was a tragic accident involving a great family we are blessed to have met through the adoption process. Their youngest son, only home 5 weeks from Ethiopia, was hurt very badly in a tractor accident. Please pray and keep this family in your thoughts. I was lucky enough to meet this little boy when we picked up Jackson, and I absolutely adored him. He was sweet, and silly and so mischevious. I know he will make it through with everyone's prayers.
Posted by SisterMom at 3:13 PM
Friday, October 3, 2008
Jesus, Mary and Eyerusalem. Her papers have been filed.
As in Eyerus' papers have been filed.
As in she will have a court date.
As in she will be coming home.
Posted by SisterMom at 6:49 PM